Pages

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Fascinating Search for Emotional Balance


Whoa What Am I Feeling!
 “I don't want to be at the mercy of my emotions. I want to use them, to enjoy them, and to dominate them.”― Oscar Wilde





Emotions and feelings define our life experience  more accurately than any other factor.The constant set of emotions we feel throughout the day dictate how we encounter the  life.Yet most of us never evaluate our emotions or the range of colours they represent,nor the impact they have on our life experience.

Assessment of our emotions and feelings is an essential duty we owe our personal mind- body systems.No one else ,other than us ,is responsible for our emotional responses to situations. Two people under similar challenging  circumstances, are likely to respond in diametric opposition to each other.This varying response to stimulus proves that our emotions are not prisoner to external situations. Instead, they are enslaved to our choices.And we ourselves are responsible for our choices,no one else.

When we decide to do so,we will find ourselves constantly experiencing fabulous emotions.Regardless of external stimuli.This is a reality for scores of people who choose  to select empowering  emotions over dis empowering ones,in all circumstances.

Empowering emotions,simply leave you feeling balanced,calm,confident,pleasant,happy,strong ,capable,and centered.Yet they don’t have to ever leave you.They can remain with you as long as you want.In fact the real blessing is when you make a habit out of them,through repetitive cycles of  empowering emotional responses,over a wide range of circumstance and stimuli.

1.What kind of emotions do I usually,constantly feel?How many of my emotions are in my inventory simply because I imitate others' emotions,even when they don't fulfill me?

2.What do I want to,prefer to,constantly feel?

3.Have my constant feelings changed over time or are they the same as years before?

4.What can I do to change my constant feelings?What can I do on my own to feel fabulous incrementally ,as time passes?

5.Can my constant feelings change?Am I imprisoned by a set of emotions associated with old memories,or those attached with apprehension about the future?Who is forcing me to feel negative emotions?

6.Do I remain balanced ,centered,composed,confident mostly?Or do my feelings change frequently with changing events?Is this okay?If not, why should I continue to  accept this roller coaster emotional  situation?



“Good manners have much to do with the emotions. To make them ring true, one must feel them, not merely exhibit them.”
― Amy Vanderbilt



7.When challenging situations come my way,do I avoid,and resist them due to possible emotional turbulence?Or do I deal with situations,while keeping my emotional balance perfectly intact? If not,what can I do to develop the critical life-skill of emotional balance,and emotional empowerment?

8.Who is a role model for me in maintaining calm,composed,empowered,balanced feelings at all times?

9.As I encounter varied life-situations,people,circumstances,and tasks do I sacrifice my calm, composure,empowerment easily?Or do I maintain a constant balance of emotions?

10.What actions can I take to learn the skill of remaining calm under all circumstances?

11.Which feelings would I like to experience constantly, or most of the time?Happy,enthusiastic,cheerful,calm,optimistic,reassured,okay,a little worried,suspicious,apprehensive,anxious,irritated,agitated,angry,or fed up?

12. Where do I genuinely stand?In reality what do I usually feel most times out of all the emotions mentioned above?What ,or who is stopping me from experiencing the most fulfilling emotions?

13.Which emotions am I more prone to feel?In my estimate what is the reason for that?Is imitating erratic emotional response of other people ever a choice for enhancing my life experience?



“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart”
― Helen Keller



14.The kind of emotions that I am more prone to feeling ,how to they enhance the quality of my life’s experience in any way?If not,what is my role in improving things?

15.Am I aware of the sensations in my body,connected to various feelings and emotions?Do they tell me something about myself?

16.Can I commit myself to changing my life experience by changing my habitual feelings-emotions-makeup ?

17.Empowering feelings and emotions are more important than wealth,fame,accomplishment,or sharp intellect.Do I give empowering feelings their due importance?Or do I jump erratically from one emotion to another without discretion?

18.Do I hold others ,or outside circumstances, responsible for my constant feeling emotion makeup?

19.When do I feel good emotions? What are those circumstances? Can I feel great emotions only during those circumstances,or around those people?Or can I be empowered and free to chose my emotions as I and when I want?

20.Which emotions would I like to  let go?What is holding me back if I genuinely want to let go of negative emotions?



“Rather than being your thoughts and emotions, be the awareness behind them.”
― Eckhart Tolle



21.Is it possible to shift my existing range emotions to more empowering ones within the next one week,one month,two months,or six months?How much time do I need?

22.Do I know that repetition of emotions sets the stage for further experience of the same range of emotions? Am I aware that certain emotions in my life have been set on “auto”,and they crop up at even the remotest semblance of similar stimuli ?

23. Since emotions can be deliberately set on auto,which emotions can I consciously repeat again and again so that I can experience fabulous emotions on auto?

24.There is an emotional body that I carry around with me for my entire life time.Am I aware of such an entity?Do I have the ability to experience fabulous, new emotions,or am I going on experiencing the same emotions that I did when I was a teen?By the end of my life what kind of emotions do I mostly want myself to be associated?


25.Have I evolved emotionally?Has my repertoire of emotions improved since the last ten years?Has my emotional growth led me to feel more stable and composed in various circumstances?Or do I continue to experience the same emotions with the same challenging stimuli?

26.One simple way out of dis empowering emotions is to select more empowering words to label our experiences,and the emotions associated with them.What empowering words can I select to describe some challenging situations,incidents of the past?



Over to you my friends..........

No comments: